Was wondering if this could be done.

So i am trying to eliminate the nav bar because it doesn't fit with my site. Right now i am using the sticky navigation add-on, with the options to move everything to the mod bar. Is their a way you could add a home button and search button in the mod bar. Also is it possible to move the forum link to the mod bar in the form of a font awesome icon. Basically would love to have all the link in the mod bar so it sits at the very top of the page.

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
Well, you could try with put everything in the navigation bar, also your logo etc. Check options for sticky navigation. Maybe you'll find a simple solution. I'll also try to find a solution for you when I find some time.

Well, you could try with put everything in the navigation bar, also your logo etc. Check options for sticky navigation. Maybe you'll find a simple solution. I'll also try to find a solution for you when I find some time.
I can also slide you some money in the next few weeks to add new features to the sticky nav/ sticky mod bar. Can i show you some images of what i had in mind?

Screen shots maybe a little choppy, and the sizes of the font awesome icons in the mod bar are def off lol. Just wanted to show you what i meant by getting rid of the nav bar so all the links are in the mod bar.
General idea is to have the links function the same way when you hover the mouse over them. So they will still drop down as seen in imageMod_Bar5, but the links will now be in the mod bar at the top of the page. This way i can hide the navigation bar and the content can now slide up to the bottom of the mad bar. This will give my site a much cleaner look and open up a lot of design possibilities when the nav bar is gone. Also all the links at the very top will help board member nav better in my opinion. So i hope this helped, and if this can be done, i think the font icon links should be closer together. I kinda spaced them out in the image. Thank you!

Attachments

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
Hm, it's easier to put navigation to the top of the page then put everything in mod bar. Also this would work better in my opinion and with very few template edits. Also it's better to use mod bar for mods and admins.

Try these options and tell me if it's closer to what you want:

upload_2016-12-9_16-34-19.png

can you put the home and search buttons in the mod bar. That would be all i need from the navigation system. Adding home and search to the top bar