cXF Donor
Hi @BassMan
on xF 2.0 to change all node icon iam use this code :
Code:
.node--forum .node-icon i:before {
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0;
    content: "\f0f4";
}
my question is, how to change only for specific node?
thank you before.
Regards.

TheXboxCloud

cXF GOLD
cXF SILVER
cXF BRONZE
Code:
.node--category .node-icon i::before, .node--forum .node-icon i::before {
content: '\f0f4';
}
I think that's the code for all of them at once. Try and see if it works. I think it should as it showed the URL of my node icons in that specific selector rather then the one you used.

If you want to target a specific node ID try something like this and replace the area that's the node ID with the desired node.

Code:
.node--id33 .node--category .node-icon i::before, .node--id33 .node--forum .node-icon i::before {
content: '\f0f4';
}
I'll let BassMan correct this if I'm wrong. Just trying to help. I haven't tested any of it but it seems that relatively speaking it should work. The second code is simply targeting the node id '33' with the appropriate selector for changing node icons. You'll need to replace the node ID after using inspect element to find out which one you should use.

I'd give it a shot. At least the first one should work.

@maszd I updated the post. I don't know if the second one would work you'd have to play around with it. But it might.

EDIT: I also updated it a third time just now. I realize since there's a comma the node ID should be in both places.

Last edited:

TheXboxCloud

cXF GOLD
cXF SILVER
cXF BRONZE
To add to this it's required you add the font awesome property in the code as I just tried a while ago for our category icon and it wouldn't work without it.

So add this to the code above:

Code:
font-family: 'FontAwesome', sans-serif;
Also be aware that there is no space between "Font" and "Awesome". There can't be a space between it. Thanks.

Welcome to customizeXF

We are running default XenForo style customized by cXF
Registration is free!