[cXF] Sticky Sidebar

Pack B [cXF] Sticky Sidebar 1.1.1

No permission to download

Nirjonadda

cXF Pack B
cXF Pack A
@BassMan I am not using resource add-on. So resource setting still show for me in SP? If so this should not be show if resource add-on are not installed.

Nirjonadda

cXF Pack B
cXF Pack A
OK but some style has this built in Sticky Sidebar for forum list only. If we use this add-on then does having any problem from this style?

Also this great if SP have a location check box for choice where Sticky Sidebar will work. Does this make possibly?

Example:

ss_sp.png

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
OK but some style has this built in Sticky Sidebar for forum list only. If we use this add-on then does having any problem from this style?
I can't know that, because not sure how they have done it.

Also this great if SP have a location check box for choice where Sticky Sidebar will work. Does this make possibly?
Done in the latest release.

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
Please can you add all position checked by default?
I'll change it for next release.

Also I am not getting Sticky Sidebar working in my Xenforo default style.
I guess you have some interference with some other add-on or you have manually modified the template. Can you check the template modifications for this add-on and send me the screen where I can see the numbers on the right side if they all apply.

Nirjonadda

cXF Pack B
cXF Pack A
I am not understanding about Sticky sidebar will work for short but not long sidebars? My Uniform style working without any issue and this does not matter if the sidebar is longer than the content.

I am used more 3 developer style and their style have not this limitations, Sticky sidebar will work for short and long sidebars.

Sticky sidebar should be work for short or long sidebars. Please make under consideration for this functionality.

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
But this is how it works. You Uniform style has bigger nodes so it is longer then sidebar. That's why you think it works differently.

If you scroll your default style very slowly you'll see it sticks for a few pixels, then it releases, because the bottom for sidebar has reached the bottom of the main content.

Nirjonadda

cXF Pack B
cXF Pack A
Very strange things, Can not make Sticky sidebar will work for short or long sidebars? If so then this add-on not for me as useless from my side.

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
Sorry, but this is how these things work.

Look, your default style:
< send it to you in PM >

and your Uniform style:
< send it to you in PM >

Check the sidebar. You'll see what I mean. If the sidebar sticks if it's longer then the main content, then you'll never reach the bottom of the sidebar. Pure logic.

Test it for example on a test forum with less sidebar widgets...

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
As you wish. I've already told you, sticky sidebar works on your site.

If you scroll your default style very slowly you'll see it sticks for a few pixels, then it releases, because the bottom for sidebar has reached the bottom of the main content.
Just think if you really need so many widgets in the sidebar. Or you can add some padding to node categories etc.

Nirjonadda

cXF Pack B
cXF Pack A
I have disabled Uniform style Sticky Sidebar functionality then enabled your add-on Sticky Sidebar but Sticky Sidebar are not working get with your add-on. Please can you look into about this?

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
I have disabled Uniform style Sticky Sidebar functionality then enabled your add-on Sticky Sidebar but Sticky Sidebar are not working get with your add-on. Please can you look into about this?
It works fine when I look at your forum list.

Also not work Notable members page /members/list/ Registered members nav.
I'll fix this in next release.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.