Free [cXF] Conversation Button 1.1.0

No permission to download

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
BassMan submitted a new resource:

[cXF] Conversation Button - Add conversation button or icon in message user block.

Description:
Some administrators want to highlight the talk button in order to make it easier to contact the user, so this add-on will add a button or conversation icon to the message block user.

Features
  • add conversation button below user details in message block
  • add conversation icon beside username in message block
  • style properties for conversation button and icon (text, background, ...)
  • style properties for conversation button and icon on hovering...
Read more about this resource...

bubobih

Hello i get this error repeating... my logs get like 100 pages :)

#0 [internal function]: XF\Entity\User->canStartConversationWith(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(920): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s9/public/message_macros.php(59): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(Siropu\Chat\XF\Entity\User), 'canStartConvers...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(643): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(CleanTalk\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s9/public/post_macros.php(38): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('message_macros', 'user_info', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(643): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(CleanTalk\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s9/public/thread_view.php(543): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1230): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(CleanTalk\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#8 src/addons/CleanTalk/XF/Template/Templater.php(99): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true)
#9 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): CleanTalk\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#14 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#17 {main}

array(4) {
["url"] => string(48) "/forums/threads/before-you-post-check-this.1708/"
["referrer"] => string(56) "https://***.com/forums/forums/launcher-problems.9/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
Hm, I doubt this is from this add-on. I can see from the error that you have Chat add-on installed... Maybe it's from it.

If you disable Conversation Button add-on this error stops?

I can't replicate it, I don't have any errors, also no other user report any error.

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
Hm, you can also test to enable this add-on and disable first the Chat and see what happens, after that also try it with your CleanTalk add-on. Sorry, I can't test it, because I don't have those add-ons.

Siropchik

Got this error on some pages (maybe with deleted users).
PHP:
An exception occurred: [TypeError] Argument 1 passed to XF\Entity\User::canStartConversationWith() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, null given in src/XF/Entity/User.php on line 830

XF\Entity\User->canStartConversationWith()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 936
XF\Template\Templater->method() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s3/public/message_macros.php at line 37
XF\Template\Templater->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 659
XF\Template\Templater->callMacro() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s3/public/post_macros.php at line 39
XF\Template\Templater->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 659
XF\Template\Templater->callMacro() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s3/public/thread_view.php at line 537
XF\Template\Templater->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 1246
XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate() in src/XF/Template/Template.php at line 24
XF\Template\Template->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php at line 48
XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 332
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 303
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 44
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1889
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Okay I'm really puzzled what's going on. I had a bunch of add ons installed (or so I thought) and they were working fine. I installed a new add on and it officially installed and said it was installed and it made me realize something was wrong with my previous add on installs even though they were all working as expected. So, I reinstalled all of them and now this one doesn't work. My settings are exactly the same, but there is no button. I tried reverting the custom style I put on the button and there is still nothing. Thoughts?

moshbit

@BassMan first, thank you for bringing this addon to xf2!

the only issue i'm having is that the options page says "Enable button below message user details" but it still displays above the info on UI.X Dark 2:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.06.21-21-37-32.png

not a huge deal, but just thought i'd point it out since i had the button at the bottom when i was on xf1.

BassMan

Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.customizexf.com
Hi,

you're using third-party style and this add-on is designed to work with default one. I guess UI.X has changed the template where user details are. Sorry, I'm not using UI.X style so I can't check it out.

moshbit

Hi,

you're using third-party style and this add-on is designed to work with default one. I guess UI.X has changed the template where user details are. Sorry, I'm not using UI.X style so I can't check it out.
okay, is there a way to call the button template manually? i suppose i could insert the code into the user info template myself....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to customizeXF

We are running default XenForo style customized by cXF
Registration is free!